What’s New at Wanderlust O’ahu?
Mindful adventurers will have irresistible new ways to enjoy Hawaii’s finest yoga party
New York, NY (January 25, 2016) – Wanderlust, producer of the largest yoga lifestyle events in the world, returns to Turtle Bay Resort for the fourth annual Wanderlust O’ahu. Headlined by yoga superstars Ana Forest, Maty Ezraty, Vinnie Marino, Chad Dennis and Joan Hyman, the four-day festival, taking place February 25 – 28, 2016, allows attendees to choose their own adventure from a variety of activities including yoga, live music, meditation, surfing, paddle boarding, explorative hikes, kayaking, running treks, horseback riding, and fine dining.
What’s new and not-to-be-missed at Wanderlust O’ahu 2016?:
- More Mediation ClassesDue to popular demand, this year we are offering more than double the amount of meditation classes over last year, featuring meditation teachers Swami Govindananda, Jennifer Reuter, Shakti Sunfire and more
- Poi Dance: Poi is a form of dance, where weights on the ends of tethers are swung through rhythmical patterns. This workshop weaves the basics of poi and hoop with yoga and dance. Participants will learn the science that grounds the therapeutic benefits of these playful practices that powerfully restore and re-pattern the nervous system.
- Sunrise Classes—For those who like to start the day with the new morning sun, we will offer 6am classes on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Choices include partner acrobatics, hooping, or our “Beach Buddy Boot Camp.”
- Beachside BBQ:Feast on a buffet of fresh caught fish and seasonal sides served up by a local favorite Lan Thai, aka Drunken Master Chef. Known for her Farm-to-Chopstix events throughout Hawaii, Lan will fuse Asian, Hawaiian, and Mexican influences for this casual oceanfront party, complete with a bonfire and live music.
- Stargazing on the Beach—JoinSlooh and University of Hawaii Astronomer Robert Jedicke and Yogi Ali Grimes to experience a guided evening under the stars on the beach. Jupiter is bright and beautiful in the sky this weekend, and we will be able to see it up close through telescopes set up on the beach.
- Speakeasy Talks: Wanderlust’s one-of-a-kind, lecture program features today’s mindful thought leaders, such as Emory Hallwho will reveal the beautiful power of travel photography, Sky Kubby, who will extol the virtues of the Raw Chocolate Diet, and award winning journalist Susan Casey who will explore the relationship between dolphins and humanity.
- Wanderlust Concert Series:Revel in a wide variety of musical performers in myriad settings, from the epic main stage evenings to intimate pop-up shows. Experience live performances from Citizen Cope, Trevor Hall, Kirtronica, Elijah Ray & The Band of Light, MC Yogi, DJ Sol Rising and DJ Drez.
- Wander Tribe Events: Wander Tribe bonus classes are organized by our Wayfarer Ambassador and Studio Partner teams, to encourage local community connection. In these 12 classes you can learn how to do things as diverse as a traditional Hawaiian Oli chant, how to use essential oils, or the way to choose your perfect career.
- Silver & Sage Mala Making Workshops: Combining a light yoga practice with the art of mala making, each participant will learn the properties of natural stones while designing or choosing a custom made mala.
- Aloha On The Water:The final event of the festival will be an epic Stand-Up Paddleboard class. Join Gillian Gibree, Sarah Tiefenthaler and Jeramie Vaine for an all-levels class—the first of its kind—touching the true Hawaiian spirit.
Attendees will also enjoy unique experiences curated by a number of Wanderlust partners including:
Aveda, will present the Beauty Bar, a space for relaxation and rejuvenation. Stop by for quick yogi-friendly hairstyles from their experts, experience Aveda’s wellness rituals of renewal, and find aromas that help bring balance to the body through Aveda’s selection of naturally-derived (from plants, non-petroleum minerals or water) products that help connect beauty, environment and well-being.
Sanuk®, the not-so-typical footwear brand from Southern California, has partnered with Wanderlust to celebrate the immense joys of Yoga and champion its renowned line of grin-inducing Yoga Mat Sandals. In an effort to spread smiles with yoga-lovers, Sanuk has teamed up with several Wanderlust festivals to create one-of-a-kind experiences for festival-goers. Wanderlust O’ahu 2016 will welcome a soon to-be-announced Sanuk brand ambassador who will participate as an instructor at the festival and be featured in Sanuk content throughout the year. To open the incredible Wanderlust experience to others, Sanuk hosted two interactive digital contests in which grand prize winners were chosen to experience the 2016 O’ahu festival compliments of Sanuk. Winners from Sanuk’s ‘Try ‘Em On For Sighs’ contest and the ‘Always Yoga at Heart’ contest which was hosted in conjunction with retailer Flip Flop Shops, will enjoy four days of fun-filled, mindful living.
Here are our social media tags:
Wanderlust Social Accounts
Facebook – facebook.com/Wanderlust
Twitter – @wanderlustfest
Instagram – @wanderlustfest