The Molokai 2 Oahu Paddle Board Championships are happening this July 26th! The Ka’iwi Channel, more commonly known today as the Molokai Channel, separates the islands of Molokai and Oahu. Stretching 26 miles and plunging to a depth of 2,300 feet, the Ka’iwi Channel has the reputation as one of the world’s most treacherous bodies of water. Today, the Ka’iwi Channel is host to official races for outrigger canoe, surf skis and the Molokai-2-Oahu Paddleboard World Championship. Each human powered race across the Channel of Bones is regarded worldwide as the crowning achievement of the sport.
Thurs, July 23th: Race Registration and MANDATORY Check In
- Location: Duke’s Waikiki Restaurant (Duke Room)
- Time: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (you may come anytime during this time frame)
MANDATORY RACE CHECK-IN on Oahu at Duke’s Waikiki Restaurant
- Racers & boat captains are required to attend.
- The process should take no more than 15-30 minutes.
- Race numbers, race packets and final instructions will be issued to racers at this time.
- Course rules, radio frequencies and docking instructions will be issued to all boat drivers.
- Race officials, safety personnel and organizers will be on hand to answer questions and assist in last minute logistics.
- Duke’s will provide lunch discounts (50% in 2014)
- Additional race t-shirts and posters can be purchased at registration
- Come meet, greet and eat and CHECK IN!
Saturday, July 25th: Pre-Race Meeting
- Pre-Race Meeting
- Location: Kaluakoi Beach Area
- Time: July 25th, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Description: Final event briefings, instructions and weather check. ALL racers are expected to attend. FINAL timing and GPS updates will be handled at that time.
- Dinner: Dinner will be offered to athletes, friends and boat captains for $10. Please prepare to pay in cash. Proceeds go to YOUTH IN MOTION in Molokai. There is no food service at Kaluakoi. Please plan accordingly.
Sunday, July 26th: Race Day
- 6:45am Pre-race Pule’ (Hawaiian Prayer)
- 7:30am Solo and Team Paddleboard Division Start
- 8:00am Solo and Team SUP Division Start
- 10:00am Event Expo Opens on Oahu at Maunalua Bay Beach Park
- 11:30am Top Finishers expected at finish line
- 12:00pm Lunch Service Begins
- 2:00pm Elite Winners Presentation (Media Event)
- 4:00pm Expo Closes/Lunch Service Closes
- 6:30pm – 9:00pm Awards Party at Outrigger Canoe Club* Awards
*The Awards Party is FREE for paddlers, guests are $30 each.
(dinner includes two Kona Brewing beers).
Tickets will be distributed at the door at the Outrigger Canoe club starting at 6:00pm.
Once you login to your account extra tickets can be purchased online at Active.com
limited quantity will be sold. Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org