Community

T&C/ Da Kine/ Sunburn Classic

By Lauren Rolland with Keoki Saguibo On a hot summer Saturday, pros and amateurs from all over the island invaded the Hawai’i Kai skatepark for the...

4th Annual Live Like Sion GromFest 2015

Keiki converged at PK’s beach on the South side of Kauai to join in on the 4th annual LIVE LIKE SION Gromfest. Sion Milosky was well known in the surf...

Make A Wish Foundation Visits the Volcom House

11 year old Mathhew Courtright  had the once in a lifetime opportunity to surf with the crew from the Volcom House. With the likes of Tom Dosland, Tai Van Dyke, Jason Magallenes, Jamie O' Brien, plus many more were on hand to stoke out Matthew who go...

Voyaging With Hōkūle‘a

Q&A with Haunani Kane & Jason Patterson The Hōkūle‘a is one of Hawai’i’s most regal symbols of ancient culture. With its triangular shaped sails and tr...

Living Pono- Ban’an

MORE THAN JUST ANOTHER FOOD TRUCK By Blake Lefkoe Photos Tony Heff “We’re aiming to create a product that nourishes our land, our people, and our economy. We strive to stay mindful of these three spheres when making decisions at Baná...

Damage Control w/ Kainoa McGee

By Chris Latronic One of the biggest surfing personalities in Hawai‘i, the lineup, and the world is Kainoa McGee. Kainoa was well known a...

Pau Hana w/ Gregg Nakamura

GREGG ‘DOUBLE G’ NAKAMURA   By Lauren Rolland Photos: Keoki How many years surfing? I started boogie boarding when I was 6, sur...

Spot Check-Breaking Down Three of Town’s Best Waves

Words by Keoki Saguibo ALA MOANA BOWLS Sean Moody Photo:Keoki HISTORY: In the early 1950's, as part of  a construction project to connect Kewalo Basin and the Ala Wai Small Boat Yacht Harbor, Hawaiian Dredging Co. excavated more tha...

5 Best Oahu Beaches

Narrowing down Hawaii's best in any category can be challenging. It is no secret that the beloved island chain is nothing short of amazing, and spectacular is ...

Artists Profile- Dennis Mathewson

While experiencing Dennis Mathewson’s artwork for the first time, you will find yourself embracing and sharing his passion for the true island lifestyle in Hawa...

Pau Hana w/ Jodi Wilmott

You might think that a woman born in South Africa with an Australian accent - currently living on a remote island in the South Pacific with numerous passports and multiple citizenships - could potentially be a multinational industrial envoy...